Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012: The Connect

So I've been reading all about people's New Year's resolutions and it's got me thinking of my own. I will let you know I'm a big fan of writing up resolutions or at least the leg work of self-reflection it involves. Do they normally work out? Actually the ones that most often work out for me are the financial ones. My resolve has been strong when it comes to my finances since graduating college with 15 thousand dollars in student loans and 2,500 in consumer debt and a barista's salary. Tammy Strobel's post about having a theme for the next year instead of a bunch a resolutions really clicked with. The having one focus, your mind being pulled in one direction instead of 6. So my theme for this year is connection. I want to connect more with my friends and build deeper relationships on my own instead of just as a couple. I want to connect with my community, I want to connect back with education by helping Bosnian immigrants and using my language skills. I also hope through this to grow deeper into Saint Louis, my chosen home. And now just wait here until the next adventure begins and wasting my youth by waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment