Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New start in the Lou

So this is a renewed start at writing a blog. Let's start with a little about me at this juncture in my life versus when I started this venture a year and a half ago. I have since moved into a house my boyfriend owns with another roommate instead of the studio apartment I rented in Seattle. Oh and yes, I moved to the Midwest, St. Louis to be exact. Life is so different. It is amazing how stark the difference. I brought one of my old canvas reusable bags to the store and the cashier gave me the "what the heck am I supposed to do with this" look and then hesitatingly put my purchases in the bag. In Seattle, I had been charged extra because I forgot to bring a bag. So it has been an uphill battle to live frugally and eco-friendly, but the choice to live more simply is now a conscious one. I hope my presence will make a bigger difference here than Seattle because I will be an example to those that have not known any better and maybe for you my readers. Or at least you guys, can laugh and judge me while I make the many mistakes I am destined to make. It's going to be shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment